Rainy Thursday Greetings!
Ok, Carrie has sent me probably the funniest pictures ever. I have laughed so hard I've cried. Here is her latest update with an "explanation" for the pictures!
"Couldn't resist sending you these...:) hee, hee. you have to have fun some way, right??
This is what happens when you have an older sister and it has been raining for a month..." hee, hee.
This is what happens when you have an older sister and it has been raining for a month..." hee, hee.
The other picture is our wonderful physical therapist Robin. Heath was standing on a stool in the kitchen. One bad part of pt--they have to teach them how to climb, etc...to help their progress. Now you turn around for 30 seconds and he is on top of something. I guess I shouldn't complain!!
We were unbelievably moved to learn about the FPC Child Development Center's wonderful fundraiser for us last night. The time and effort that goes into something like that is so great--and we are so grateful for the gift.
I have had many questions about costs, so here is a little bit: The cost of medicine has been pretty shocking--even with good insurance. It has made me wonder how anyone who doesn't have insurance deals with what happened to us. Even with insurance, meds will be a several hundred dollars every 2 months (one of the meds he has to take for life costs $900 a bottle without insurance--isn't that unbelievable??) So, all that is to say--THANK YOU CDC staff and families! I can't really find the words right now.
Yesterday I traveled to Greensboro with both kids to take a look at our house (or as we lovingly call it--"our Greensboro vacation home...") and see what needed to be done. I am not sure what I thought I was going to be able to do with both kids, but I filled the car with yard stuff and cleaning supplies and a few toys and went on my way. Luckily, our angel neighbor, Daphne, found us and promptly potted the flowers I had brought and welcomed us into her home for a chick fil-a lunch picnic. I don't know what we would have done without her! We also got to see our dear friends Abby and Melissa Burris, which was so great. I hadn't realized until I was getting off the exit how I might be emotionally affected by coming back to our house and Greensboro. The last time we were there was the night that I was feeding Heath a bottle on the couch before we headed to UNC for our life to change forever. It was our first house, and one that we loved dearly. So many memories flooded back--it was tougher than I had anticipated. Everything happened so fast that we never really got a chance to miss all our friends and special places in Greensboro and Burlington until now.
Yesterday I traveled to Greensboro with both kids to take a look at our house (or as we lovingly call it--"our Greensboro vacation home...") and see what needed to be done. I am not sure what I thought I was going to be able to do with both kids, but I filled the car with yard stuff and cleaning supplies and a few toys and went on my way. Luckily, our angel neighbor, Daphne, found us and promptly potted the flowers I had brought and welcomed us into her home for a chick fil-a lunch picnic. I don't know what we would have done without her! We also got to see our dear friends Abby and Melissa Burris, which was so great. I hadn't realized until I was getting off the exit how I might be emotionally affected by coming back to our house and Greensboro. The last time we were there was the night that I was feeding Heath a bottle on the couch before we headed to UNC for our life to change forever. It was our first house, and one that we loved dearly. So many memories flooded back--it was tougher than I had anticipated. Everything happened so fast that we never really got a chance to miss all our friends and special places in Greensboro and Burlington until now.
We are so excited to be in Durham and especially at Westminster, but it was somewhat cathartic to just get a chance to yearn for the past for a few minutes (only minutes because I was immediately thrown in the world of ella brooks doing the pee pee dance in the middle of the garden store and realizing that I had left my house key in durham as the rain picked up, which quickly brought me back to earth...) :) I love parenting.
Ok, enough thoughts for now. I really just wanted to say thank you to our friends at cdc and embarrass my sweet boy with his dress-up outfit. "
Blessings to all.
Love, Carrie
I'll bet you're smiling!!....
Blessings,
"Gran" Sarah
1 comment:
LOVE IT! :) 1 month of rain??? Is that what we're in for??? Love y'all.
Post a Comment