Wednesday, September 28, 2011

oh hospital, i did not miss you...

We are always grateful for the wonderful care that we get from the folks at Duke and from our wonderful pediatrician. I just wish we didn't NEED to get that care for our guy!

I am sitting in a hospital room at Duke (really needing to sleep, so this is going to be a short one...), wondering about what tomorrow will bring. Heath was admitted yesterday, very dehydrated and pretty angry about being here, dealing with some as-yet undiagnosed GI/energy issues that had really been going downhill for about a month. In the past few weeks, we have worked with our pediatrician and cardiology team to try to "rule out" the big stuff (heart issues were ruled out early, thank goodness), but we have still be unable to figure out what was going on with him. We're hoping that a CT scan may shed some light, and that is on the schedule for tomorrow if Heath's hydration has picked back up. After being stuck a bunch of times yesterday and announcing to anyone who would listen that he was "READY TO GO TO MY HOME!!," he has rallied today and seems a bit more like himself. We've got a ways to go, and many answers to find first.

I kept waiting to write a blog post because I would think, "well, surely we'll have more information tomorrow and there will be more to say..." That has gone on for about a month. So, tonight I ask for your prayers for wisdom and guidance for the medical team, continued improvement for Heath, and patience for the rest of us.
We're so grateful for your continued love and care for us.
i will update with more info as soon as it is available.

blessings, carrie

1 comment:

charlotteme said...

Awh I hate this for ya'll and especially that brave young man! I hope you get some easy-fix answers soon, but in the mean time.....you've got my prayers kiddo!! <3